Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Pen Pal

Dear Naiomi,                                                          
Hi. My name is Elena and I’m 14 years old. I go John Carroll School! Over the summer I played a lot of tennis! I had a USTA tournament and we placed second so we are the best team in Baltimore for 14 year olds, and the 2nd best in Maryland! It was so much fun. I also went to North Carolina for a week. After I got back from North Carolina I worked at Bel Air Athletic Club as a counselor for a camp there.

I loved the novel! I thought it actually sounded like a real story and something that’s very realistic. However, I don’t think that you should’ve gotten mad at Will like that! After all, he was the only one that was trying to help you out when you couldn’t remember anything! He also made you a couple mix tapes and you threw one of them out the window of the car! I think you should’ve listened to them.

I think that the author made you sound really realistic! Some of the things that happened to you actually happen to real teenagers. I loved the author’s writing style. It made it easy for me to read and understand what was going on. However I thought that she could’ve described your life a little bit more before the accident.

So how did it feel to go back to school? Did you have any troubles with your grades? I’m assuming that since you forgot everything after 6th grade you forgot everything you’ve learned in school too!

I think that I could raise more awareness about this by writing more books with this kind of story line because I think that it will draw a lot of reader in! I know that this book has left me thinking more about Amnesia because it‘s a serious issue and it happens to kids and teens our age! I could also go to schools and talk to them about amnesia and I would recommend to them to read this book.

Well I hope that you read this letter! Hopefully this doesn’t happen to you again! Maybe you’ll even have a better relationship with your mom and your half sister! Good luck!


Sincerely,
       Elena F.

No comments:

Post a Comment